Wednesday, July 25, 2007

UNFATHOMABLE VOID...

Gazing at the drowning sun
I lost my worldly senses and vision,
Drifting aloft on the canoe of sinusoid
Reached the realm of unfathomable void.

A pebble pecked at my rivulet of thought
Concentric rings rippled and bulged,
A flashback mirrored into my mind
Fragmentary, fleeting and unkind.


The darkness crowned my vision soon
Feeling the pierce of bottomless, hollow wound,
Yet I groped to stretch my distressed wings
More to sink and swoon in utter sufferings.

1 comment:

Sandipan Sen said...

Some of the words used in the poem are multi-syllabic and sound too complex to facilitate smooth reading, especially since the theme of the poem is a kind of void that eats into the soul of humans. I also feel that the images used in the poem are too difficult. True to the spirit of the poems of the metaphysical poets, this poem deals with imagery which is contrived. However, the suggestion of the darkness following the sunset is artistic, and meaningfully brings out the darkness of the soul.